"Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, and occupying an entire city block, the City stocks more than a million new and used books. Nine color coded rooms house over 3,500 different sections, offering something for every interest, including an incredible selection of out-of-print and hard-to-find titles" It then goes on to say:
"A few facts about the City of Books:
- 68,000 square feet packed with books.
- We buy 3,000 used books over the counter every day.
- Approximately 3,000 people walk in and buy something every day.
- Another 3,000 people just browse and drink coffee.
- We stock 122 major subject areas and more than 3,500 subsections.
- You'll find more than 1,000,000 volumes on our shelves.
- Approximately 80,000 book lovers browse the City's shelves every day in Portland and via the Internet.
When you're in Portland - especially since our nursery isn't open to the public - you'll have to spend some time at Powell's! So...when you coming???