Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yellow Jackets

This morning, before going to church, I decided to do a little yard work. I was raking the area next to the entry walkway when the rake disturbed a yellow jacket nest in the ground. Before I even knew what was happening I was literally covered in yellow jackets...and they weren't happy. I ended up with about 10 stings from the top of my head to several toes. The stings are still rather painful, especially my big toe. So... I'm off to bed. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Lutero no sabes como me identifico contigo por que a mi hace un par de aƱos me paso lo mismo, espero que mejores pronto un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luther!!! This sounds horrible, hope you are recovering okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marisol and Loree for your concern. As you said, Marisol, it takes a couple of days, but now all the pain and most of the itching is gone. In general, the word is that if you have more than 10 stings you should probably get medical attention...unless, or course, you're allergic to be and wasp stings, in which case you're probably already prepared.

    ReplyDelete