Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Echeveria 'Topsy-Turvy' and Echeveria 'Lola'

Recently there have been a lot of plants being distributed at home and garden shows and through respected nurseries that aren't what they are labeled to be.

Yes, I know. Why am I surprised? We all know it happens all the time. It's just that in this case they're so persistent. The top photo here is E. 'Topsy-Turvy'. This is widely being sold as E. 'Lola', which is the second plant pictured. Significantly different plants. I understand labels being switched or lost and it isn't that we haven't misidentified a plant at times, but this is intentional. I've personally told vendors on several occasions and they either look perplexed as to why I care or they say "really?...we'll have to take care of that." Then, a year later, they're still selling them with the wrong name. I know some people don't care about the correct name; so be it. But these are grower/vendors, and they should care.
Top: Echeveria 'Topsy-Turvy'; Bottom: Echeveria 'Lola'

No comments:

Post a Comment