Friday, September 30, 2011

Sedum rubrotinctum 'Aurora'

Sedum rubrotinctum 'Aurora'. You can't get much easier than this. It has beauty in simplicity and it's easy to grow to boot. What more do you want?
Oh, I know. When you've been around these plants as long as we have - growing them for over 40 years - you sometimes get a little jaded (an interesting use of words, and I'm sure confusing to the non-English speakers) with simple and "basic" succulent plants such as this. We want something more challenging!
I hope that doesn't represent my attitude, but I'm sure it does at times.
So, if for no more reason than to remind myself of a basic truth, let me state it again: Easy is good!
And speaking of being jaded, the wee Sedum is related to the Jade plant, both being members of the Crassulaceae family, but that's a very large family, with about 33 genera, of which Crassula and Sedum are just a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment