Sunday, September 20, 2009

All tuckered out!

I'm afraid I'm too tired to post much tonight. As my profile indicates, I'm a retired United Methodist clergyman - emphasis on "retired". But I'm still invited to do things now and again. I'll be doing a baptism of a child of a child I baptized some years ago on 11 October and I'll be officiating at a worship service on the 18th. And I still worship at the church where I was Pastor for 19 years, Woodlawn United Methodist Church in Portland - a multicultural and multiracial congregation.

As some of you may have surmised, I'm not aligned with the religious right in this country; I'm what I would describe as a "progressive Christian." And if I ever decide to spout off about my political or religious views, it'll be in a separate blog.

That said, I'm not used to 3 1/2 hour long worship services, but I was invited to be part of the clergy celebrating a special occasion at a Black Baptist Church this morning. And though it lasted at least 3 1/2 hours, it didn't seem that long because the music was so outstanding (100 voice choir, an instrumental ensemble of drummers, violins, cello, harp, flute, saxophone, electric guitar, organ and piano, and some very outstanding soloists)!

Then I came home and painted some trim on the house. I'll post more tomorrow after I get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment