Thursday, October 6, 2011

Echeveria 'Fancy Frills'

No flower tonight, but a plant which is as good as a flower: Echeveria 'Fancy Frills'. I think this picture explains the popularity of echeverias.
Tomorrow I'll be doing more work moving plants into the greenhouses and getting the greenhouses ready for winter. (The following is political comment. Feel free to disagree or to add your two cents or to totally ignore what I have to say.) If I didn't have so much to do I'd probably be down at Portland's Tom McCall Waterfront Park joining with the young people who are beginning an "Occupy Portland" protest in solidarity with the New York City "Occupy Wall Street" group. Somehow the money has to be taken out of the political process here in the United States. A billion dollars per candidate to run for the presidency is outright ludicrous. And we know who bankrolls their place at the table: the big banks and the huge international corporations.
There. I've had my say. Having had strong political views for a long time, having been a minor part of the civil rights movement and the Vietnam War protests, I will probably be starting a separate political blog pretty soon so that I can stick to succulent plants and beautiful flowers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment