Thursday, March 10, 2011

Haworthia truncata

I'm off to surgery early in the morning, so just a quick post for tonight. These are all from seed, showing the variability which is part of the enjoyment of growing seedlings. You just have to have patience and a love of the plants.
I don't know how I'll be feeling tomorrow night, but if I feel OK I'll get another post off then. But now it's sleep - about 5 hours of sleep! This is done as out patient surgery and it's not a big deal, but I just don't care for it very much. I went about 60 years without one surgical procedure. And then in the past 11 years I've made up for it. Oh well, without one of those surgeries I most likely wouldn't be here today.

4 comments:

  1. que bella la haworthia truncata parecen piedras pulidas.
    saludos Marisol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old are these? I just planted 5 truncata seeds I bought of ebay. It is my first time trying to grow from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get back to you on that. I have the seeding date at the plants but it's just after midnight and there aren't any lights in the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were seeded in 2004, Good luck with your seeds; they should sprout fairly quickly. In general, don't let them totally dry out during the seedling stage.

    ReplyDelete