Thursday, January 12, 2012

Agave montana 'Baccarat'

Finally, I'm back, computer problems behind me.  Tonight the featured photo is of Agave montana 'Baccarat', with its distinctive leaf imprints and showy spines.

We have always been drawn to agaves (not too close!) and even though we don't have enough room, our collection keeps growing. About half of them are on our unheated enclosed porch because there's no room in the greenhouses. It hasn't gotten extremely cold yet this winter, but we've had several hard freezes, and they're all doing fine.
Enjoy your plants!

2 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I have one in the ground, but it's lost among all the other stuff. I think you need to be able to see 'Baccarat' up close to admire the bud impressions and the cinnamon-colored spines.

    Gerhard
    :: Bamboo and More ::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. Even though we can't put these in the ground here (at least I haven't ventured a trial yet), they can get lost among all the other Agaves.

    ReplyDelete