Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Greenhouse heater problems

I haven't had time to post for the last few days. The old oil heater we use in one of our greenhouses has a mind of its own, and it's decided to go on strike. As a result I've been wrestling copper fittings and flare fittings and cleaning out old equipment (soot everywhere). This is one of those miserable tasks which sometimes goes along with growing plants, especially if you can't afford to hire someone to do it. Besides, this stuff is so old, I doubt any repair people would have a clue about what to do.  I have to re-do some fittings in the a.m. and then pray that the float valve works. If it doesn't, we'll have to order a new one.

And then maybe I'll have some time to post some pictures before Christmas.

Feliz Natal!

No comments:

Post a Comment